Saturday, November 22, 2008

The Story of Stuff


Sorry, guys, for being so neglectful. I started a new job, a nine-to-fiver unfortunately. Because guess what? Our economy sucks, and SAG is on strike, SAG isn't on strike. Oh, wait. SAG is on strike. It feels like everything is coming to a head, and that huge, untimely, obnoxious zit is about to explode. And I haven't gotten a single call to work on a set for two months. And about a handful of my friends haven't either. So, you take what you can get. The good news is that the production office I work for is a dream. Reams of recycled paper, separated trash bins built-in to the kitchen cabinetry, even my own little blue bin underneath my desk. It brought a tiny tiny tear to my eye.

But anways, I've got something really important to share. It's called The Story of Stuff. And it's great. If you ever wanted a simple way to make your friends and family understand that we're all connected, that everything we consume affects people on a global scale, and that something needs to change NOW.....here it is. Annie Leonard is my hero of the moment. hmmm. Maybe that's a new segment I could start here on ecopix. Send me your suggestions for your Heroes of the Moment.

Please check out the website and share it with your friends. Here is just a taste of all its goodness:
">

No comments: